Thursday, May 16, 2013

Season Of Change By Lisa Williams Kline Book Review

/ / S e a s o n    O f    C h a n g e / /

 
 

Title: Season Of Change
Author: Lisa Williams Kline                                                            
Source: Review Book From Zonderkidz
Number Of Pages: 239
ISBN: 9780310740070
Publisher: Zonderkidz
Publication Date: 2013
My Rating: 3 Out Of 5 Stars
 
 
 
 
 
/ / D e s c r i p t i o n (Taken from back cover): / /
 
Stephanie and Diana face what could be their greatest fear: another divorce in their family.
 
Diana and Stephanie find a hidden brochure for a marriage counseling retreat, and their suspicions flare when they're dropped off at Lake Norman for a "long weekend" with Diana's grandparents. Things go from bad to worse when Diana hits a deer while driving. Then Stephanie unexpectedly leaves with her mother, and the girls are separated. Is it for good? Isn't this what they wanted? As the girls ponder a life without each other, Diana discovers something in the woods that gives the girls a whole new perspective on their relationship. This final book in the Sisters in All Seasons series brings the story of Stephanie and Diana to a close, and shows what happens when two opposites become sisters, and eventually, unlikely friends.
 
 
/ / M a d i ' s    R e v i e w: / /

Sometimes I just need to take a break from some of the books that I'm reading and go back to the simplistic writing that made me love reading in the first place, and this book was just the ticket. "Season Of Change" is a book aimed for mainly tweens and young teens, so even though I've become accustomed to a little bit more intense kind of writing, I still enjoyed Season of Change immensely.

Season Of Change is the fifth and last book in the "Sisters In All Seasons" series, and even though it was the last book in the series, I had no trouble jumping right into the story. Some series you really need to start from the beginning and work your way forward, but not with this one. I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything really important or like any major factors were left unexplained, which is definitely a plus. That has got to be one of my biggest pet peeves. Maybe I should stop reading books out of order ;) .

Diana and Stephanie are step-sisters, who, at first, didn't get along great. But I love this conclusion. I love how they come together as a true family. It just goes to show how easily God can turn our broken and messed up life in to something wonderful that honors him (something I know first hand). But this book also goes to show that divorce can not only hurt the couple involved, but any kids that they may have had. Also something that I have witnessed with people that are very close to me. I wish that people would realize that marriage is a forever thing, and it's not something to be discarded when the going gets hard. But I'm rambling.These two sisters go through a lot together, and at the end of the day, they are always there for each other. Like all siblings, they have their disagreements, but they love each other none the less.

The only thing that I disliked about this book was the obvious rebellion from the girls at times. They were always remorseful, but teenagers already have a bad name. Give us a break! We aren't all hoodlums. Pinkie promise.

I would definitely recommend this book for tweens/early teens for a rainy day. I read it in a day, and I enjoyed it's freshness.

~ T h e   L i t e r a r y  M a i d e n s

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting! Please make sure that you use clean language, as all comments will be monitored before being published.