Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Miner's Lady By Tracie Peterson Book Review

/ / The Miner's Lady / /

/ / Land Of Shining Water, Book Three / /



{Review By Madi}

Book Title: The Miner's Lady
Author: Tracie Peterson
Source: The Litfuse Publicity Group
Number Of Pages: 331
ISBN: 978-0-7642-0621-4
Publisher: Bethany House
Year Of Publication: 2013
Madi's Rating: 5 Out Of 5 Stars
 
 
/ / Book Description / /
When Chantel Panetta's younger sister claims to be in love with Orlando Vittorio, Chantel knows there is no hope. The Panettas and Vittorios have been sworn enemies for decades, and young love cannot heal the deep wounds between the two iron-mining families. Yet, unable to resist Isabella's pleas, Chantel agrees to help her sister spend time with Orlando...only to have a run-in with Dante, Orlando's brother. The older, more handsome one.
Chantel can't deny the attraction that flares when she's with Dante. But when a tragedy occurs at the mine, is there any hope that the hatred that has simmered between these two families might be resolved? Or will Chantel's hope for love be buried amidst decades of misunderstanding?
 
 
/ / Madi's Book Review / /
This is the best book that I have read all month. Yes, I know the month is still young, but I'm a fast reader. Here lately I kind of got into a reading rut, and the last several books that I've read have been mostly 4 star books. This one got me out of my rut and anxious to read the next book on my shelf. The Miner's Lady was so suspenseful, and once I actually took the time to sit down and read it, I couldn't put it down!
 
The Panetta's and Calarco's have been sworn enemies for several generations, and old habits die hard. When Chantel's little sister Isabella falls for the youngest Calarco boy (Orlando), things get heated between these two passionate Italian families. Chantel is all for making peace between the two families, but Dante (Orlando's older brother), and the father of the two boys will have nothing of it. They seem to think that it would dishonor their family to have anything to do with the Panetta's. But when Dante's efforts to stop his brother's "nonsense" collide with Chantel's longing for peace, Dante might follow in his little brother's footsteps and fall for this young Panetta woman that is always getting in his way.
 
Now, I know a lot of people will be comparing this novel to William Shakespear's "Romeo And Juliet", but there couldn't be a worse comparison. Romeo and Juliet is horrible, take it from someone who actually read it. The Miner's Lady is a wonderful book, and I'm so glad that I got the opportunity to read it. It has suspense, plot twist, and a wee bit of  romance. Oh, and it teaches the moral called forgiveness. If you have read many of my reviews, you know that I'm a sucker for a story with a good moral.
 
The moral's, the suspenseful plot twist, the foreign history, and so much more made this book one of my new favorites. I hope that you get the chance to read it soon, if you haven't already!
 
 
/ / Favorite Quote's From The Miner's Lady / /
 
" 'A man who is without a Savior is without hope. We cannot be cleansed of our sins without God's grace and the sacrifice of our blessed Savior. We are utterly and completely left to condemnation and darkness, by our own choice. And,' he continued, 'we are ushered into forgiveness and light by a choice, as well.' "
 
"Nonna Barbato had always told him that when his heart was confused on doing the right thing or the wrong thing, he should pray."

~Madi For The Literary Maidens 

Note: I was provided with a free copy of The Miner's Lady by Bethany House Publishers. I was not required to give this product a good review if I found it undeserving, and all thought's expressed in this review are completely my own and totally unbiased. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting! Please make sure that you use clean language, as all comments will be monitored before being published.