Monday, December 30, 2013

The Reason For My Hope By Billy Graham Book Review

/ / The Reason For My Hope / /

{Review By Madi}
Book Title: The Reason For My Hope
Author: Billy Graham
Source: Booksneeze
Number Of Pages: 207
ISBN: 978-0-8499-4761-2
Publisher: W Publishing
Year Of Publication: 2013
Madi's Rating: Five Out Of Five Stars
 
/ / Book Description / /
From America's evangelistic elder statesman

Salvation is what we all long for, when we are lost or in danger or have made a mess of our lives. And salvation belongs to us, when we reach out for the only One who can rescue us--Jesus.

The saving message of the Gospel is the heartbeat of this preacher and evangelist. Millions around the world have heard Billy Graham proclaim this unchanging truth. He has never forgotten the transformation of his own life, when he first said yes to God's gift of salvation, and he has witnessed multitudes turn their hearts to the God of Hope.

"The Reason for My Hope: Salvation "presents the essence of that transformative message. It is biblical and timeless, and though simple and direct, it is far from easy. There are hard words, prophetic words, directed toward a culture that denies the reality of sin and distracts us from the veracity of Hell. But through its ominous warnings shines a light that cannot be extinguished--a beacon of hope that Jesus came "to seek and to save that which was lost" (Luke 19:10).
 
 
/ / Madi's Book Review / /
 Billy Graham has had a huge part in my upbringing, so I'm always excited to read a book that he has written. I have read more books by this wonderful man than I can count (I even did a report on him in middle school), and I grew up listening to his sermons on television. He is such a wise person, and it has always been a dream of mine to meet him. My whole family gets excited when I get one of his books, because they know that they will all get the chance to read it as well. I always learn a lot about how to treat others and how to act in a way that best represents Christ best when I finish one of Graham's books, and this one was no different. This one, though, more than anything, was an explanatory book about the gift of salvation instead of a book demonstrating how to accomplish something. I mean, after all, there is nothing that we as people can do to accomplish salvation, we can only get that through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. This book is a great book to read as you wind down for the night or if you are stressed out and need something to occupy your mind while you calm down, because though it may not be fast paced, it gives a person a lot to consider. Another cool thing about this book is that I haven't seen it in paperback, so if you purchase it you are guaranteed to get a good quality binding that will last through a lot of page turning (if you ever decide to reread it or lend it out). I love my paperbacks, don't get me wrong, but it's super easy to bend the cover if you aren't careful or to wear out the spine after continued use. That's a perk of hardcopies, they are sturdy and durable. Of course, if you are into all that newfangled e-book reading (blegh!) than this is completely irrelevant to you. No matter what form you buy this book in, I encourage you to read it. I promise that you won't look at things the same in the aftermath.
 
~Madi For The Literary Maidens
 
 Note: I was provided with a free copy of this book from Thomas Nelson Publishers by the Booksneeze blogger program, but I was not paid to write this review and all thoughts expressed in this post are completely my own and unbiased. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting! Please make sure that you use clean language, as all comments will be monitored before being published.