Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Guest Review

/ / Echoes Of Mercy By Kim Vogel Sawyer / /

/ / Guest Review / /

Hello Friends!
Today TLM is having a guest review on Kim Vogel Sawyer's new book Echoes Of Mercy. My dear friend saw how much fun I was having with book blogging and decided to give it a shot. If she likes it she may start a book blog of her own, so let's give her some encouragement! First, I will interview this darling girl, and then we will move on to her review. Let's get started!
 
 

Madi: Let's start off with something easy. Name?
Elisabeth: Elisabeth Pierce!

Madi: Tell us a little about yourself.
Elisabeth: I'm seventeen and am currently living in Oklahoma, but I'm a Texas girl at heart. I love to read, write, dance, sing, and pretty much anything that I can get a good laugh out of!

Madi: When did you start to take an interest in reading?
Elisabeth: My grandmother was always reading me stories as a kid, and I think that's what got me started on it. Reading and writing have always been my best (and favorite) subjects in school. It also

Madi: What's your favorite book?
helps that my best friend loves to read as well, and she's the one I usually go to for recommendations.
Elisabeth: Just one? Haha. I love Gone With the Wind. It's such a great story about the old south, and Margaret Mitchell's prose is just beautiful.

Madi: What is your favorite book genre?
Elisabeth: Christian Historical Fiction

Madi: What are you currently reading?
Elisabeth: "Lone Star Sanctuary" by Colleen Coble

 Madi: Do you have any writing aspirations?
Elisabeth: Yes! I love to write. I haven't published anything, but in the future I might look into it. I like writing fiction and journaling.


Madi: Who's your favorite author?
Elisabeth: Jane Austen and Colleen Coble

Madi: Where do you usually do your writing?
Elisabeth: Anywhere I feel inspired. Most of the time I write in my room, but I've been known to take frequent trips to the library or sit on the porch if I get writer's block or need a change of scenery.

Random Questions:

 Madi: Favorite word? Particularly.
Elisabeth: It's just so fun to say!

Madi: Hunger Games or Narnia?
Elisabeth: Narnia.

 Madi: Coffee or Tea?
Elisabeth: (Sweet) Tea

Madi: Cluttered or Organized?
Elisabeth: I would love to say I'm organized, but I'm actually more cluttered. I like to call it "eclectic"

Madi: Harry Potter or Twilight?
Elisabeth: Harry Potter

Madi: Name a word that rhymes with your name.
Elisabeth: Hmmm. Well Beth (my nickname) happens to rhyme with death and meth. I'm not so sure that's a good thing!
 
 
                                                   / / Book Review / /
 
{By Elisabeth Pierce}
 
Book Title: Echoes Of Mercy
Author: Kim Vogel Sawyer
Source: Blogging For Books Review Program
Book Genre: Christian Fiction, Historical Fiction.
Number Of Pages: 344
ISBN: 978-0-307-73127-2
Book Publisher: WaterBrook Press
Year Of Publication: 2014
Elisabeth's Rating: Four Out Of Five Stars
 
/ / Book Description / /
When a suspicious accident occurs at the Dinsmore Chocolate Factory in Sinclair, Kansas, in 1904, Caroline Lang goes undercover as a factory worker to investigate. Oliver Dinsmore, heir to the Dinsmore candy dynasty, has his own investigation to conduct. Posing as a common worker known as “Ollie Moore,” he aims to find out all he can about the family business before he takes over for his father.
 
 
/ / Elisabeth's Review / /
I really enjoyed this book. This was my first book to read by Kim Vogel Sawyer, and, hearing a lot of good things about her, I was very excited to read it. The book had very strong characters, a good plot, and a great Christian emphasis. I was very impressed by this author's writing style. Each of the main characters had a backstory, and the author showed it without giving  you too much information at once or not giving any at all. Another thing I really enjoyed in this novel was the emphasis on the protagonist, Caroline's, faith. At the beginning of the book she was already a Christian, but by the end of the book she had grown even more in her relationship with Christ, showing the need to grow even after we become a Christian. Of course, the book did include a "love interest", but the author handled it extremely well and I would feel comfortable with any age reading it. The only thing I didn't like was that I found the pace a little slow- it took me longer than usual to read it- but this wouldn't keep me from recommending it to a friend. All in all, it was a good read, and I look forward to hopefully reading more by this author.
 
~
 
If you enjoyed this post, please visit Elisabeth's craft blog here. Have a blessed day!
 
~The Literary Maidens



1 comment:

  1. Very good review! I also enjoyed reading the questions and answers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Commenting! Please make sure that you use clean language, as all comments will be monitored before being published.