Saturday, August 16, 2014

Revolutionary by Krista McGee Book Review

18806299// Revolutionary //

Anomaly Trilogy // Book #3

By Krista McGee

{Book Review by Bethany}

Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Source: Book Look Bloggers
Publication Date: July 15th, 2014
Number of Pages: 336
ISBN: 1401688764
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

// Book Synopsis //

Taken from GoodReads
 "All her life Thalli thought she was an anomaly. Now she must use her gifts to fulfill the role she was called to play: Revolutionary.

Back in the underground State against her will, Thalli is no longer the anomaly she was before. She has proven herself to be a powerful leader above ground and returns with information that Dr. Loudin needs to complete his plan of uniting the world under one leader: himself. But he, too, has information. A secret he has kept from Thalli her entire life. A secret that, once revealed, changes everything about the person Thalli thought she was.

Hoping to help Thalli rise up against the Scientists, both Berk and Alex join her underground, but their presence only brings more trouble for her. Now Dr. Loudin knows just the leverage to use on his captive, and she is forced to choose between the two of them. Is her first love her true love? Or does Alex ultimately claim her heart?

Unsure of everything around her, including her own identity, Thalli doesn’t know where to turn. She knows she needs the Designer, but he seems further away than ever. What she does know, though, is that if she doesn’t do something to stop Loudin, the fragile world above ground will be lost once and for all."

// Bethany's Book Review // 


What a phenomenal conclusion to the Anomaly trilogy! Packed with action and constant suspense, this novel delights and entertains. This story of a young girl learning to realize her true identity in Christ as she lives in a Government controlled State, is a book that teens can relate with and learn from while enjoying.

Ever since reading the first book in this trilogy, Anomaly and absolutely loving it, I've been eager to get my hands on the other books, as they were released. Now that the trilogy has come to an end I'm sad to have to say goodbye to Thalli and her friends! This series is definitely my favorite YA sci-fi trilogy that I've ever read, and that probably won't be changing. I'd highly recommend this these books to action-loving Christian teens!

All three books in the Anomaly trilogy are packed with action, adventure and quick turns that are completely unexpected-and Revolutionary isn't an exception! While all the novels in the trilogy were very exciting and fast-paced, I think that Revolutionary was even more so, since it's the final book. I really enjoyed the easy-to-read story, and how it was easy to digest making for a quick read that allowed you to really experience the story as if you where there!

Even though it has been a year since I'd read Luminary (book number two) I had no problem jumping back into Thalli's story. Sometimes I have a hard time remembering all the details of the previous book if it has been a while between the two reads. But Krista cleverly added helpful little reminders in subtle ways at the beginning that helped me remember bits that I hadn't thought about since I read Luminary, making for a smooth re-entrance into Thalli's world.

The love triangle in this book was very complex, and the thread was much stronger in Revolutionary then the previous two books. I felt just as flustered as Thalli was over being torn between the two, and not being able to pick just one, for fear of hurting the other! It was interesting seeing Thalli react to this, and how she dealt with difficult things. The way that the story ended was a complete shock, and I think it was the perfect ending to the trilogy!

One of the biggest threads that I noticed in this trilogy was how Thalli was searching for "herself", and learning to understand her identity in the Designer. Since she was created in a lab and turned out an anomaly, she really didn't have much of a realization of her worth, since she was merely an experiment. But as the story progresses she learns that while a Scientist might have been the one who created her, God was ultimately her Designer and had her life in His hands. Her faith in the Designer grew, and was a process that happened bit by bit in each book. I really enjoyed seeing the process completed in the story and seeing how the Designer really did work out everything towards His glory.

My favorite thing about this trilogy is how faith-based it is. I loved how the aspect of Christianity was woven into the story. I for one, am so thankful and excited that this trilogy has been written. It was so refreshing seeing a story that so heavily incorporated Christianity into it's base, and loved seeing how this effected the book in such positive ways! The world needs more stories like this!

In all, this was an amazing conclusion to the trilogy, and one I'd highly recommend! This book was one of my favorite books that I've read this year, and I can't wait to see what books Krista releases in the future! I simply cannot recommend this book enough to Christian teens!!

D I S C L A I M E R : I received a complementary copy of Revolutionary from the publisher for the purpose of this review. I was not paid to write this review or promote this book. All thoughts expressed are completely my own, honest and unbiased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting! Please make sure that you use clean language, as all comments will be monitored before being published.