Thursday, October 24, 2013

Glittering Promises By Lisa T. Bergren Book Review

13207223

// Glittering Promises //
 
The Grand Tour Series // Book #3
 
By Lisa T. Bergren
 
{Review By Bethany}
 
Title: Glittering Promises
Series: The Grand Tour Series, Book #3 {Final book}
Author: Lisa T. Bergren
Source: Litfuse Publicity Group Review Copy from the Publisher
Number of Pages: 464
ISBN: 1434764281
Publisher: David C. Cook
Publication Date: October 1st, 2013
Bethany's Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
 
// Book Synopsis //

"Lisa T. Bergren’s popular Grand Tour series concludes as Cora Kensington journeys farther into Italy, wrestles with a terrible ultimatum from her father, and comes to terms with the Father who will never fail her.

America’s newest heiress must decide if her potential fortune is rationale enough to give up her freedom and all that God is leading her toward. And when her newly-discovered siblings are threatened with ruin, her quandary deepens. Then as Cora nears Rome, more journalists are track the news story of the decade—“Copper Cora,” the rags-to-riches girl—and want to know more about her family and the men vying for her attention. Meanwhile, a charming Italian countess decides that if Cora isn’t going to claim Will’s heart, she might just try..."

// Bethany's Book Review //
 
What a splendid completion of The Grand Tour Series! I was absolutely swept away in the story, and found it to be an even better completion to the series than I'd first anticipated, leaving me in delighted awe once I finished the story! For sure Glittering Promises is my favorite book out of all the novels in The Grand Tour series, and I just loved the way the tour ended as well as how Cora came to "find" herself in Christ after struggling with her identity in the previous books.
 
I just loved how this book was so developed. The story line as well as characters were described in such vivid details that I felt as if I were there with the group touring Rome, Pompeii, etc. I also loved how the character development was written in the whole series, and particularly the final book, as I felt like in the first book Glamorous Illusions Cora was at a loss as to knowing who she truly was, both as a person and as a child of God. By the time I'd closed Glittering Promises I felt like Cora had came to terms with realizing who she was as an individual, and how treasured she was as a daughter of the King of kings, and it made the story all the more enjoyable for me.
 
Another delight for me was seeing the progress between the two men desiring Cora's heart - Will and Pierre. As I read, I felt just as torn between picking a side as Cora was! It was so interesting though to see how things worked out, and really taught a valuable lesson, while also adding to the delight of the end of the story, making it all the more sweet.
 
Another thing I found enjoyable in this read is how Cora came to find herself in Christ. I loved how even though Cora was going through a difficult time, she set her foundations on Christ, making everything around her less shaky. I was very interesting in seeing if her Christianity would be further developed before the series ended after reading the first two books, and think Lisa really accomplished that.
 
For sure this was my favorite book in the series, and like I said earlier, a wonderful completion to the series! While it was a rather long book at over 400 pages long, I didn't really notice as the pages just flew by. There was plenty of mystery and danger in the book, keeping things rolling at a fast pace, and along with seeing old characters once again, as well as the history bits that were also in the story, I just found it to be a delightful read! I would highly recommend this book to any history lovers, or to Lisa Bergren fans, as this is a must read for historical fiction fans and the ultimate Grand Tour of Europe with a wonderful story line to go along with it! However, I will say that if you've not read the first two books in the series, Glamorous Illusions or Grave Consequences, then it's a very much a big "must" as without previously reading those two, this book won't make any sense!
 
N O T E :: I'd like to sincerely thank Litfuse Publicity Group, David C. Cook Publishers as well as Lisa Bergren for the opportunity to receive a complementary copy of Glittering Promises to read and review. I was not paid to read this book or write this review, and was not required to give a good review if I honestly didn't like the book. All thoughts expressed in this review are my own; completely honest and unbiased.
 
Enter Today | 10/10 - 10/29!
Glittering Promises Lisa T. Bergren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Commenting! Please make sure that you use clean language, as all comments will be monitored before being published.